BLACKBURN AUSKICK CENTRE
As the countdown starts to the football season, so too for the Auskick season for the younger girls and boys aged 5 or turning 5 in 2017 at the local Auskick Centres.
Blackburn Football Club is pleased to have good relations with three local Auskick Centres:
- Blackburn & Laburnum which run sessions at Kalang Park, and
- Blackburn Lake which runs sessions at Blackburn Lake Primary School.
From these Centres, many of the girls and boys come to BFC to commence their junior football careers.
We encourage all junior players – boys and girls – to continue at Auskick, even when they are playing junior football, to get more touches of the football, improve their skills and teamwork and, as they get older, to encourage and assist the younger kids.
After the Term 2 school term commences, the Auskick season will kick off on
- Saturday 22nd April at Laburnum and Blackburn Lake starting at 9am; and
- Sunday 23rd April at Blackburn starting at 9am.
No football experience for the children or parents is necessary. The children are taught the basic skills of kicking, handballing, marking and bouncing in a safe and friendly environment where they are put through a number of activities and football drills.
What’s more, the parents get to join in by assisting with the activities and drills. The volunteer Centre Co-ordinators, Coaches and Assistant Coaches need parental help to ensure all children can participate to the fullest extent possible. Sessions run for an hour-and- a-half.
To register, go to www.aflauskick.com.au and follow the simple registration and payment process.
For any enquiries, you can call any of the following:
- James Bateman – Blackburn Co-ordinator – 0438-110-744
- Sam Smith – Blackburn Lake Co-ordinator – 0467-097-115
- Terry Christie – Laburnum Co-ordinator – 0428-989-679
- Michael Whelan – BJFC Auskick Liaison Officer – 0407-081-100
“WE ENCOURAGE ALL JUNIOR PLAYERS, BOYS & GIRLS, TO CONTINUE AT AUSKICK, EVEN WHEN PLAYING JUNIOR FOOTBALL”