The time has come to throw your hat into the Junior Coach Applications ring for 2020.
This is a big call out to all parents, family, friends and other contacts to apply for a coaching role in 2020 at Blackburn Juniors Footy. You may be from outside our Burners community but you are more than welcome to apply to join our wonderful club. The satisfaction associated with working with our young community cannot be underestimated and we are very proud of the reputation and culture that is in our footy club.
We are looking for:
– some footy knowledge;
– communication skills;
– a positive role model;
– a willingness to develop and improve all players within a team; and
– where necessary, a willingness to bolster playing numbers within a team.
As Blackburn has one of the biggest junior footy programs in Victoria, please do not let inexperience deter you from applying, as you will receive expert assistance and support throughout the season.
We will provide our coaches with significant support, including:
– paying for coaches to undertake the AFL Victoria level 1 coaching course;
– direct insight into our Junior development pathways.
– providing external coaching expertise and seminars to develop our coaches;
– supporting any coaches who are interested in applying to undertake a level 2 coaching course;
– providing first year coaches with either a level 2 accredited coach or a highly experienced coach as a mentor; and
– the most up to date footy equipment and footy industry consultants to call on for your team.
See link below to application forms and all coaching positions for 2020 are vacant awaiting applications.
All applications are valued and will be seriously considered.
The Coach Selection Panel will include current coach and 2020 football director Paul Harman, Glenn Whitehead, and our senior women’s coach Leeann Gill. For any enquiries please call myself on 0402 112 069 or Paul Harman 0430 181 870.
Junior coaching is incredibly rewarding, and we encourage anyone interested to apply or inquire.
Applications CLOSE Monday the 14th of October 2019
If you are keen to coach a Junior Team fill out an application form as attached below.
President Blackburn Juniors