INJURY PREVENTION WORKSHOPS
As part of our commitment to player welfare, the Blackburn Football Club is pleased to host two workshops on Injury Prevention through Strength and Condition Training. This workshop is available to the whole club.
All parents, coaches, assistant coaches and trainers are invited to attend these workshops.
The sessions will be run by:
- Melbourne AFLW player, Brooke Patterson, a former physio at Bounce who is undertaking a PhD in ACL injuries while also working at the AFL, preparing training materials for clubs and coaches.
- Our very own, Gavin Williams, Associate Professor of Physiotherapy Rehabilitation at Epworth Healthcare and The University of Melbourne.
Session 1: Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Trainers and Parents
- Wednesday, March 6 • 7:30 – 9:00pm • Eley Park
- Aim: Discuss injury prevention theory and learn various strength and conditioning techniques.
Session 2: Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Trainers
- Wednesday, March 13 • 5:00 – 7:00pm • Eley Park
- Aim: Working with our girl’s teams, learn how to incorporate regular strength and conditioning techniques into training sessions.
These are sessions not to be missed.
No bookings required.